Thursday, June 12, 2008

I'm a bad blogger!!!

OK, I guess this just isn't my forte!! LOL!!

But, I've been busy!! Honest!! My wonderful cousin Tina and I spent a lot of time working on our common PIERCE ancestors, she sent me a bunch of stuff, including TASTYKAKES!!!! They don't sell them around here, the nearest place is somewhere in GA so being the wonderful cousin that she is, she sent me some!!! Bless her heart. She does a blog on our Pierce family, very interesting!! Check it out!! She also posts great pictures and recipes and talks about the great books she's reading. She's a much better blogger than I!!!

http://www.pierceresearch.blogspot.com/

I'll be knitting her a cool scarf for this winter!!! I've got it all planned and I can't wait to start it. I won't be posting pictures til its finished though, cause its a surprise!!

I also met a terrific new cousin from California, and we did some concentrated genealogy research that turned up a little more information for us. My GGGGrandfather and her GGGGrandmother were siblings. Pretty Cool, huh?? Her name is Barbara, she knits, and makes some awesome jelly!!! Thanks Barbara!!!

Since I was last here, I got Parker's afghan about 3/4 finished and discovered I made a major booboo about halfway back. Oh well, I wasn't too happy with it anyway, so, I frogged the whole thing and started over!! Yes, I did!!!

Here's a picture of the new one, its about 26" now, and looking good. Let me know what you think.

I found a new online shopping site, lots of neat stuff to buy, and I'm thinking of opening a store there myself, check it out!! Its called Silk Fair Of Course, I've got to get all this family knitting done first!!

Here's the sweater I'm working on for Sally, I've got the front finished, but, had to go get more yarn.

I had to get more yarn to finish the pillow covers too, one's finished and one's 2/3 done, I'll finish it up tonight.

I'm also whipping up a couple of kid's ponchos. I had some boucle yarn I got from a clearance sale, and found a neat pattern at LionBrand.com so, what the heck, they're done all in garter stitch and great for mindless knitting. I think I'm going to sell them when I get them finished. I'll post pictures when they're done.

Well, that's all I've got to report for now, more next time, and I'll try to make it sooner!!

Take Care,

Char

1 comment:

Tina said...

Good lord, you're gonna give me a big head lavishing compliments on me! But thank you for the kind words. There is a box on the way to you but no Pierce data inside. You'll open it and say, "What the hell..." but read my letter. Ha! Now you're intrigued...aren't you?!


Maybe this pacakge won't go through Virginia to get to you.

Tina