Saturday, February 2, 2008

Sorry it took so long

Hi All! Sorry it's taken me so long to get a new post up here. I guess you're supposed to do this more than once a month!! LOL I've been a little busy since I last posted, my nephew Parker sent the yarn, and it is beautiful!! Patons Shetland Chunky Tweeds in Deep Red. I started the basketweave afghan they had originally chosen, but, there were problems with the pattern, (typos and such). So, I emailed Parker and suggested he send me more yarn and let me design a nice Aran Cable afghan for them. I've got about a foot done so far, and it is gorgeous!! I'm using a double strand of yarn to give it a really thick, rich texture. Can you see the detail of the center cable? Its the Ring of Fire cable stitch pattern from Lionbrand.com and it is really knitting up well. I love it! My sister sent the yarn for me to do her pillow covers to match her afghan. I've got one done. I took picture of the process so I could show you what I was talking about in my last post. And the finished project.

Isn't that a beautiful color! Its called Painted Desert from Red Heart.

Let me hear what you think!!!

1 comment:

Tina said...

The color in that Ring of Fire is gorgeous! It's so rich and warm. That's goign to be a beauty. You are very talented with the needle girl!

Tina