Friday, June 20, 2008

New Project

Hello again!



I wanted to share my latest new project with you. Work on Parker's afghan and Sally's sweater is progressing slowly but surely. And in the meantime, I found some Lion Brand Boucle yarn on a clearance sale, and you know how that goes!!



So, I found a cute little pattern for these ponchos. They're straight garter stitch, so they're what I call "mindless" knitting, I just sit here and watch TV or read forum posts online, and knit. Isn't it adorable!!! The color of the yarn is called "Jelly Bean" and the Fun Fur trim is red. I just got a 9 more skeins of the boucle in other colors, and they are really pretty. And a dozen more skeins of the Fun Fur, too. I love shopping on Ebay!! I just started a poncho in the "Wild Berries" color, and I've got purple fur to trim it in. I'll post a pic when its done.


The pic I've posted above makes the poncho look larger than it actually is, I guess hanging on an adult size hanger doesn't help much either!!



My surprise package came from cousin Tina!! And boy, was it a surprise!!! A big box of yarn. Bless her heart. It was like Christmas!! And TastyKakes!!! Butterscotch crimpets!!! My favorite!!!! Thank you so much, Cuz!!!


Now she's going to send me books from the Diana Gabaldon Outlander series. I read the first one when I was home in VA at Christmas, and I told Tina I was looking to buy them, so she's sending them to me. You can't ask for a better cousin than that!!! Its always so nice when someone makes you feel so special!!


OK, enough for today. I'll post more the next time, and who knows when that will be!!! LOL



Thanks for visiting, Char

No comments: